Friday 18 January 2008

69

Screenshot_2
My back is still in spasm which is infuriating. It's hard to get out of bed, it's hard to pull my socks on. It's very hard to go running. So last night I went for a long bike ride, zooming at random round the dark, busy streets of London. Then a quick beer and a long chat with a friend about expeditions and dreams. I'm allowing myself to clutch at a slender hope of getting involved in a polar expedition.
One of the difficulties I am finding with my first expedition having been so big is the question of "what next?" This matters personally and also in terms of my next book. I don't know what the book's going to be about; I do know that it will not be a four-year expedition. Doing something that challenges me and excites me is difficult: suggestions welcome!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home